- Short pulp
- Hard-boiled eggs, diced
- Celery ribs, finely chopped
- red pepper, dried and diced
- red onion, chopped
- Gherkins, sliced
- Salty juice
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
– 470 kcal
- Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional page
- fresh parsley, chopped
Calories refer to 100 grams of the product.
Packed with incredible flavor, this classic pasta salad is the perfect main dish that can also be used as a side dish for summer meals and barbecues. A rich, creamy, tangy and slightly spicy pasta salad is easy to make. This recipe calls for just the right amount of mayonnaise – enough to make a classic pasta salad creamy, but without overpowering the dish. You can still taste the crunch of celery and peppers, the sweetness of cucumbers and the taste of red onion. For a nice summer main course, you can’t go wrong with a classic pasta salad.
Tips for making the best classic pasta salad
– Do not overcook the pasta. You want to cook it al dente.
– Regular mayonnaise gives you a richer, creamier texture than the reduced-fat versions.
– Season your classic pasta salad generously. Don’t skimp on the salt and pepper, or the salad will be bland. Try it if you like.
– Pasta salad is easier to make when the pasta is still a little warm.
Variations from pasta salad to
– Add fresh garden peas, bacon, salmon, cooked chicken or tuna to your pasta salad. Fresh herbs like dill, basil and mint can also be a good addition.
– The noodles can be replaced with orzo paste and the pasta salad with pasta.
– Crumble feta or goat cheese over the pasta salad.
How to store classic pasta salad
To save leftover fresh produce, put the pasta salad in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is tastier when eaten early than late.
How to make the best classic pasta salad
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water. Let the pasta drain completely for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the pasta in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery, bell pepper, onions and cucumbers.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cucumber juice, mustard and sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the pasta. Throw on a coat. Place the pasta salad in the refrigerator for one hour before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
– Any shortcake will do. Try elbow, penny or orecchiette pasta.
– While a classic pasta salad can be made ahead of time, don’t get too far ahead. Make it the day before or on the day you want to serve it.
frequently asked questions
How can I improve the taste of my salad?
how to make a delicious salad….
How do you make a pasta salad from scratch?
Italian Pasta Salad
What is the fastest way to freeze pasta for a pasta salad?
Tip cooled pasta
Feedback,creamy pasta salad recipesbest pasta salad recipe everbest pasta salad recipesitalian pasta salad recipes4 ingredient pasta saladcold pasta salad recipes,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Pasta,Italian cuisine,Tomato,Cheese,Mayonnaise,Onion,See more,creamy pasta salad recipes,best pasta salad recipe ever,best pasta salad recipes,italian pasta salad recipes,4 ingredient pasta salad,cold pasta salad recipes,classic pasta salad,pasta salad recipes with mayo