Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan is a healthier version of your favorite crispy chicken dish. Instead of pan-frying the chicken and frying it in the fryer, this recipe uses your oven to get rid of the oil, fat, and unnecessary calories. The result is a lighter, healthier Parmesan chicken that tastes like the Italian on the right. For this lighter version of Parmesan chicken, roll the chicken cutlets through breadcrumbs and grated cheese until golden brown and crispy before baking. Add your favorite tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated mozzarella before serving over your favorite pasta or other healthy base.
Preparation of Baked Chicken Parmesan
This is a quick, but incredibly satisfying dinner recipe for any evening. Here you will learn how to prepare fried chicken with parmesan cheese. First, cut the chicken breasts in half so you get 8 pieces. Then lightly brush each piece of chicken with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs. Place them on a baking sheet and roast in a 450°F oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and drizzle each piece of chicken with the tomato sauce and a generous portion of grated mozzarella. Put them back in the oven to let the cheese melt, about 5 minutes.
How long do you cook the Parmesan chicken?
For the crispy baked parmesan chicken, bake the chicken at 450°F for 25 minutes, plus an additional 5 minutes to melt the mozzarella.
How long at 350, 400 and 425?
At 350°F, the chicken needs about 40 minutes to melt, plus 5 minutes. At 400°F, it will take 35 minutes for the first cooking, and at 425°F, you should check the chicken after 30 minutes. The chicken is done when it is browned on the outside and a thermometer reads 165°F.
Which type of cheese to use
As the name of the dish suggests, you can’t eat chicken without parmesan! Choose grated Parmesan instead of shaved Parmesan if you buy it cooked. If you grate it yourself, use the middle end of a box grater.
This recipe is also garnished with grated mozzarella. For this, it is best to buy fresh mozzarella in water or packaged and grate it yourself. Use the wide side of the grater for the mozzarella. Pre-processed mozzarella can also be used, but the flavor will not be as strong. Low-fat mozzarella or partially defatted mozzarella are also perfect for keeping this dish nice and light. You can also experiment with other cheeses like Romano pecorino, crumbled feta or provolone.
What to serve with Baked Parmesan Chicken
Classically, you can serve the parmesan chicken on a bed of spaghetti with lots of tomato sauce. Of course, any other type of pasta works just as well, such as fettuccine, rigatoni, bucatini or pasta.
For a low-carb option, use noodle spirals or plain lettuce.
– Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet.
– Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl in the microwave.
– Lightly brush each piece of chicken with melted butter on all sides, then dip it into the breadcrumb mixture and gently turn it over so it’s covered.
– Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining chicken pieces.
– Brush them lightly with a little butter and bake for 25 minutes.
– Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce from the oven onto each piece of chicken and top with 1 1/2 tablespoons grated mozzarella.
– Cook for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
– You can use whole grains to give your chicken an even healthier twist. Gluten-free breadcrumbs are also suitable.
– You can also substitute the same amount of olive oil to coat the chicken.
– Any store-bought or homemade tomato sauce will do. Try a spicy arrabbiata sauce for a kick or go for the marinara. Avoid anything with a lot of kibble, for example. B. Vegetable-based sauces for best results.
frequently asked questions
What is the healthiest way to cook chicken?
Health Archives 2012/03
What can you add to a chicken breast to flavor it?
What is a healthy chicken?
how to make healthy chicken at homehealthy chicken recipes for weight losssimple chicken recipes10 healthy chicken recipessimple healthy chicken breast recipeshealthy chicken recipes for lunch,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to make healthy chicken at home,healthy chicken recipes for weight loss,simple chicken recipes,10 healthy chicken recipes,simple healthy chicken breast recipes,easy healthy chicken recipes few ingredients,healthy chicken recipes for lunch,healthy chicken recipes tasty