Published : 14. December 2020. – Changed: 14. December 2020 Laura – This publication may contain links to partner organisations.
Nothing tells me I love you… but homemade fudge, crispy fudge. This recipe is very easy to make. Toffee is the perfect Christmas present!
I have a policy for sweets and cakes: they must be worth it! I won’t waste my time with cookies or cakes I bought in the store.
Normally I’m not a candy man, but if I eat something sweet and decadent, I make sure it’s worth it. There must be something special about him.
Like my rum or coconut truffle, this homemade butterscotch is delicious.
Caramel has very few ingredients, so quality is really important here – I always use the best quality oil and chocolate I can find.
- The butter. Normally I use European oil because it has a higher oil and fat content. Of course it has to be unsalted. My favorite brands are Pulgra and Kerrygold.
- Chocolate. My favourite chocolate brand is Guittard, and for this recipe I use 70% cocoa.
- Sugar. Use powdered sugar. You can also use brown sugar, which gives this caramel an even more intense or caramel-like taste. (Extra note for Keto Butterscotch: you can use Monk’s Fruit Sweetener if you are careful with your carbohydrates. See the recipes).
Caramel with fleur de selOil
This crunchy butterscotch is coated in bittersweet chocolate and sprinkled with fleur de sel – a paradise of taste and texture.
Caramel with fried almond oil and Fleur de Selle – Traditional
I like nuts, so that’s my favorite version. Roasted almonds with deep dark chocolate and a little fleur de sel, that’s what I imagine when I imagine the perfect caramel. Imagine you are crumbling a few pieces of this crunchy caramel on a large bowl of ice cream. Do you need anything else in life?
How to make Butterscotch
Caramel is a science, so the ingredients don’t vary much. Again, the quality of the ingredients determines the surprise of this caramel.
This butterscotch recipe is super easy and makes you look like a classically trained confectioner, but read all the recipes before you start.
For caramels you need special equipment: a candy thermometer (that’s what I use). Fortunately candy thermometers are relatively cheap.
- Start by placing 2 trays of pastry. Each sheet of puff pastry should be covered with a silicone baking mat or very good parchment paper (not waxy).
- Put the oil, sugar and water in a thick-bottomed pot.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat slightly. This is the best time to add your candy thermometer.
- Stir the mixture with a whisk. Take it easy. He should be bubbling, but not too fast.
- Continue heating until the caramel reaches 298℉.
- Quickly remove the caramel and pour half of the mixture very carefully on each baking tray.
- Use an offset trowel to spread the caramel. Let the caramel oil cool down until the caramel is completely hard and at room temperature. Use a lint-free paper towel to remove excess oil.
- When the caramels cool down, the chocolate pieces melt. Chocolate can be melted in a water bath or by means of microwave printing at a high level for 30 seconds at a time.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Butterscotch and divide with an offset knife.
- Top with chopped walnuts or fleur de sel.
Pictures step by step of the production of the butterscotch.
Step one. First bring the oil, sugar and water to the boil. Lower the temperature and bring the mixture to 298℉.
Step two. Carefully pour the warm caramel over the Belpot. Remove excess oil while cooling down.
Step three. Melting chocolate chips.
Step four. Cut and fry the almonds.
Step five. Pour the melted chocolate on top and grind it.
Step 6. Sprinkle with Fleur-de-Sel or roasted almonds.
Tips for perfect caramel every time
- Continue heating and stir constantly, then the sugar and oil will take on a pleasant amber colour.
- Keep stirring and watch the temperature.
- As soon as the thermometer reaches 298℉, remove the caramel from the fire immediately!
- Quickly add the vanilla and pour and apply.
- After the caramel has cooled, remove excess oil with a lint-free paper towel before adding the melted chocolate.
Evolution of revenue
Butterscotch with hazelnuts. To make hazelnut butterscotch, simply add about 1 cup of coarsely chopped hazelnut butterscotch before pouring it onto the slate. You can also add chopped hazelnuts from above.
Keto Butter Toffey. Replace the sugar with a sweetener for the monks. I love the Lacanto brand. Use the golden variant for this recipe.
A thick caramel. If you want to make thicker caramel, you can make a 9×13 cake mould with parchment paper. Put a little oil on the parchment so that you can easily remove the caramel after it has cooled down.
Other confectionery recipes to try:
25 Valentine card recipes
Chocolate rum truffle
Delicious and rich chocolate rum truffles. Make them with rum or your other favorite kind.
Mini-Candybara Kurgan Wannabe
Chocolate coated coconut balls
The imitator bites candy. They taste like Mounds chocolate bars, but better. They are also perfectly controlled in portions.
Dark chocolate almond crust
Have you tried this recipe?
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you like it, please leave a message at 5 ★ ! I love hearing you! Follow me @ Foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Interest.
Crispy butterscotch caramel coated in dark chocolate.
Cooking time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Total duration 40 minutes
The American kitchen
Calories 177 kcal
- Prepare two baking trays, one with a silicone baking mat or good parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, sugar, water and salt in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring to the boil and stir continuously.
- Cook on medium heat and stir gently until the candy thermometer registers exactly 298 ℉.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla, stir until well mixed.
- Work quickly and pour ½ of the mixture onto each finished baking tray. Use a heat resistant rubber spatula or an offset knife to quickly spread caramels for a series. Spread out.
- Let the butterscotch cool down completely. Slot to remove excess oil from the surface.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour ½ melted chocolate over each piece of caramel, divide and cover immediately.
- Permission to install it and break it into pieces.
Hazelnut Caramel : Before pouring, add 1 cup of chopped roasted hazelnuts to the caramel.
Keto: I made this recipe with Lacanto Monk’s fruit sweetener.
I had a very good success. I warmed up the sweetener, 300℉.
Store in an airtight container. Add layers of wax paper between the toffees if you keep them for a while.
Calories: 177 kcal Carbohydrates: 17gProtein: 1gFat: 11gSaturated fat: 8gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 64mgSugar: 14gCalcium: 43mgIron: 0.2mg
Keyword: candy, edible gifts, holidays, caramel.
(7,937 hits, 224 hits today)
toffee recipe brown sugar,soft toffee recipe,toffee chocolate bars,how to make toffee with golden syrup,english toffee,toffee stir or not,betty crocker toffee recipe,buttery toffee ncig,butter crunch recipe,arcor butter toffee,butter toffee popcorn,english toffee recipe with hershey bars,butter toffee cookie recipe,toffee butter urban dictionary,butter toffee calories,toffee pieces recipe,butter toffee flavor,butter toffee cookies,butter toffee peanuts recipe,no stir toffee recipe,butter toffee ice cream,scottish toffee recipe,how to make english toffee,toffee recipe sugar spun run,soft butter toffee recipe,plain toffee recipe,how to make toffee bits,english toffee recipe,butter toffee candy,toffee recipe condensed milk