Published : 21. September 2020. – Changed: 22. September 2020 Laura – This publication may contain links to partners.
Homemade teriyaki sauce is one of my family’s favorite sauces. We use it on fried chicken and every time we make chicken meat, we use Teriyaki. Of course you can always buy sauce in the shop, but why? ! The best teriyaki sauce can be prepared directly at home.
When I was in college, I bought these bowls of chicken teriyaki and rice that they had in their freezer. They were pretty good at the time. If I knew how to make teriyaki sauce sooner, my taste buds would be much happier!
Now that I am a formal adult who has to grow all the time, I also make sure that I eat healthy food for as long as possible and for the whole family. We use this great recipe for everything from roasts to pork chops!
In our fridge you will find this sweet sauce filled with brains almost forever. This light teriyaki sauce recipe is very tasty and should be kept in the fridge for about three weeks.
And one of my favorite ways to serve it with a chicken teriyaki burrito. If you’ve been with me for a while, you know I can make a burrito out of any food. It’s a gift!
What you like about this recipe
- Take it easy. Take it easy: This recipe takes less than 10 minutes.
- Fantastic and flexible: It’s the best teriyaki sauce for chicken! But I also used it on the teriyaki beef teriyaki barbecue. It even makes simple steamed vegetables tasty.
- He’s in good health: Teriyaki sauce is not always the most useful sauce on a restaurant menu, but it contains less sugar and less preservatives.
When preparing teriyaki chicken, this sauce serves the dual function of a teriyaki marinade. To prepare the marinade, simply remove some of the sauce (about 1/3 cup) before cooking and dilute with a glass of water. If you want to make a Hawaiian marinade with a teriyaki sauce, you can use pineapple juice instead of water.
The numberis required.
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce is traditionally used in teriyaki sauce. If you need to make a gluten-free teriyaki sauce, you can use tamari. I also used liquid amines to replace soy sauce.
- Rice vinegar: The rice vinegar gives the teriyaki sauce a spicy note. It helps to balance the sweetness of the sauce.
- Mirin: Mirin has a sweet note of sake to his taste. It gives the sauce a subtle and round taste.
- Garlic: You can use freshly chopped garlic, canned garlic or even dried garlic.
- Ginger: Use fresh ginger, canned ginger or ginger powder.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar adds a little sweetness. You can also use honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds give a little texture to the teriyaki sauce. I also like the way they look in that shiny brown sauce.
- Crushed red pepper: If you like spicy things, you can add red pepper flakes. Of course, they’re absolutely useless.
- Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! I usually use water to dilute this sauce. I also used pineapple juice several times. Orange juice is also fantastic. Just make sure that the brown sugar is adjusted correctly.
- Thickener: Corn starch or arrow starch is also needed to make a thicker sauce.
Making a homemade teriyaki sauce is so easy! Basically all you have to do is put all the ingredients in the pot and bring them to the boil. If you want a thicker sauce, you can use a cornstarch and porridge, as shown below, but this step is optional.
Step one: Put all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan. Start with the soy sauce.
Step two: Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Step four: Add brown sugar, rice vinegar and a mirror.
Step five: Add a little water.
Step 6 : Bring all ingredients to the boil.
Step seven: Add a little cornstarch.
Step 8 : Bring the sauce to the boil and sigh constantly as it begins to thicken.
PRO TIP : The sauce must cover the spoon. This will be the consistency of warm maple syrup.
Step nine: Add sesame seeds when using.
How to serve teriyaki sauce
Once the teriyaki sauce has cooled down a little, put it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
My favorite thing to eat is this teriyaki sauce on a bowl of teriyaki chicken,
Frequently asked questions and expert advice
How to keep teriyaki sauce.
Homemade teriyaki sauce can be kept for a few weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Asian cucumber salad
This light Asian cucumber salad is marinated in a spicy ginger and sesame dressing. The result is a crispy, refreshing salad that tastes delicious with grilled meat or alone.
Recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
We had a rehearsal of this bowl of chicken teriyaki in our house. A healthy dinner has never been so easy! This recipe is also very easy to freeze, so it is the perfect frozen food for the forehead.
Chicken teriyaki trophy
This light teriyaki chicken teriyaki recipe is ideal for cooking. It can be served with a little rice or even cauliflower rice. This bowl is filled with crunchy vegetables, delicious chicken teriyaki and so many heads.
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you like it, please leave a message at 5 ★ ! I love hearing you! Follow me @ Foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Interest.
Homemade teriyaki sauce is one of my family’s favorite sauces. We use it on roast chicken and every time we make a Teriyaki chicken dish. Of course you can always buy sauce in the shop, but why? !? If you can make the best teriyaki sauce at home.
Cooking time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total duration 30 minutes
Calorific value of 68 kcal
Teriyaki sauce and marinade
Preparation of teriyaki sauce
- Put all the ingredients in the small jar.
- Place the pan on medium heat and bring the teriyaki sauce to the boil.
- While the teriyaki sauce heats up, stir the thickener porridge and put it aside.
- As soon as the sauce is boiling, add a suspension to the pan and beat. Continue cooking and stir continuously until the sauce thickens for about 30 seconds.
- Take the sauce off the fire and set it aside. You’ll get a bonus.
GLUTEN-FREE: Use tamari instead of soy sauce. You can also use coconut amenos.
VEGAN : Use maple syrup or brown sugar. Serve marinating slices of very strong tofu OR just teriyaki sauce with steamed vegetables and rice. HUM!
HOW TO REST: Store the remaining Teriyaki sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Diet: 4ozCalories: 68 kcalU Hydrocarbons: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated fat: 2gSodium: 1272mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
(105 hits, 4 hits today)
sweet umami teriyaki sauce hellofresh,sweet umami teriyaki sauce kikkoman,mirin butter,mirin recipes chicken,how to use mirin in ramen,add mirin to rice,japanese teriyaki sauce recipe,teriyaki sauce marinade,hawaiian teriyaki sauce recipe,spicy teriyaki sauce recipe,teriyaki sauce recipe healthy,how to thicken teriyaki sauce,sweet teriyaki wings,sweet teriyaki marinade,sweet teriyaki noodles,sweet teriyaki beef jerky,sweet teriyaki subway,sweet teriyaki chicken,sesame teriyaki sauce recipe,downshiftology teriyaki sauce,teriyaki sauce with white sugar,sesame teriyaki chicken,ginger teriyaki marinade,honey teriyaki glaze,apple teriyaki sauce,teriyaki sauce food network,teriyaki recipe,vegetarian teriyaki sauce recipe,bon appetit teriyaki chicken,crispy skin salmon teriyaki,salmon yakitori marinade,bon appétit salmon stir fry,golden ratio teriyaki sauce,seattle style teriyaki sauce,best teriyaki sauce,teriyaki sauce without honey,korean teriyaki sauce,stir fry, teriyaki sauce