A deliciously decadent pot of creamy chocolate pudding topped with fresh cream and chocolate chips. Impressively rich and decadent, these jars of chocolate cream are elegant, easy to make – and delicious!
There are truths in life and cooking.
What you put into it makes the difference between something incredible and something you quickly forget.
This is especially true for a recipe with only a few simple ingredients. Quality really counts here!
What you will like aboutroom .
- Take it easy. This classic chocolate dessert recipe takes just a few minutes to make. It’s not a pan of cream, so you don’t even need a double boiler.
- Chocolate. The dark chocolate pudding is very thick and not too sweet.
- Rich and creamy. A spoonful of crème fraîche gives a much more interesting touch of softness than regular whipped cream.
The most important thing in this recipe is to use the best chocolate you can find. I’m a big fan of Gittard chocolate for everything baked. It’s my favorite chocolate to cook with.
Ingredients for the chocolate pot
- Chocolate. I like very dark chocolate, so I usually use dark. You can use your favorite kind of chocolate.
- Crème fraîche. The crème fraîche is a kind of sour cream with a very light taste. It has a very delicate flavor and goes well with fresh fruit and pots of dark chocolate cream.
- Cream and milk. For this recipe, use whole milk and heavy cream.
- Eggs. For this recipe, use 5 egg yolks. (Save the egg white for a tasty egg white fritter).
Step 1 – Measure the chocolate.
Step 2 – Place the egg yolks in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk.
You will be putting more ingredients in this bowl, so make sure it is large enough.
Step 3 – Add sugar, milk and cream to sauce pan.
Heat the milk, cream and sugar over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. You want to bring the milk to a boil.
This movement seems heavy. Isn’t temper usually a bad thing? However, just add a spoonful of warm milk to the eggs and slowly shake them. In this step, the eggs are heated enough to mix, but not enough to cook.
You can then add the hardened eggs to the pan and whisk everything together.
Cook the pudding over medium heat while continuing to whisk. The pudding will begin to thicken.
It is ready when the pudding coats the back of the spoon.
Beat until the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated.
Mason’s little cans are perfect for that. Leave in the refrigerator for two to three hours before serving. Garnish with fresh cream and grated chocolate.
Frequently asked questions and expert advice
What is the difference between crème fraîche and pudding?
A pudding is usually an egg cream, while a custard is a loose custard usually thickened with cornstarch.
The cream pot mixture is made exclusively from eggs.
What is the difference between the cream pot and the crème brûlée?
Crème brûlée is a soft custard usually served with a layer of burnt sugar on top.
Why is my jar of cream grainy?
The sweat from the cream can become grainy if it is overcooked. If the pudding gets too hot, it may lose its creamy consistency. If the chocolate is too hot, it can also get a grainy texture.
How do you pronounce a pot of cream?
Pot de creme is pronounced po de creme.
Other dessert recipes you’ll love.
Try these chia pudding recipes for delicious vegan alternatives. They are all fresh, creamy and super easy.
Did you make this recipe? If you liked it, don’t forget to leave a message and a comment for 5★! I’d love to hear from you! Follow me @foodologygeek on your favorite social media channel! Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Pot chocolate cream
A deliciously decadent pot of creamy chocolate pudding topped with fresh cream and chocolate chips.
Cooking time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Total duration 20 minutes
Portions for 8 persons
Calories 415 kcal
- Weigh the chocolate and put it in a large heatproof bowl.
- Put the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Whip up and set aside.
- Put the milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly add the hot milk mixture to the eggs, stirring constantly. It is best to use a bucket for this. Add one spoonful of hot milk at a time to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Put the custard mixture back into the pan and cook gently until thick.
- Pour the warm custard over the chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Serve portions in small dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until installed, approximately 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with a spoonful of crème fraîche and chocolate chips.
The amount and type of chocolate you use depends on you. You can also add flavourings or raisins to make it spicier. (Think orange peel or a little peppermint extract).
Calories: 415 kcalCarbohydrates: 36g Protein: 5gFat: 30gSaturated fat: 17gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 37mgFibre: 2gSugar: 31gCalcium: 79mgIron: 1.6mg
keyword chocolate, french dessert, pot de crème
frequently asked questions
Why is my jar of cream grainy?
There are several reasons why your cream jar may be grainy. The chocolate hasn’t quite melted yet…. Make sure it’s finely chopped. If the chocolate is not finely chopped, there is a chance that not all of the chocolate will melt and small pieces will remain in the pudding which can give it a grainy texture.
What is the difference between a jar of cream and a pudding?
What is the difference between a jar of custard and a jar of pudding? The difference is in the ingredients. To make the custard pot, you need eggs and cooking. Puddings, on the other hand, contain a thickening agent, usually flour, cornstarch or a similar thickening agent.
What is the difference between crème pot and crème brûlée?
chocolate pots de creme nigella lawson,fine cooking chocolate pots de crème,pots de creme pioneer woman,pot de crème vs crème brulee,instant pot pot de creme,pots de crème pronunciation,chocolate pots | jamie oliver,chocolate chips pot de crème,dairy free pots de crème,coffee pot de crème recipe,pot de crème without cream,vanilla pot de creme recipe,pot de crème pots,lemon pot de creme,french pot de crème recipe,caramel pot de creme recipe,pot de creme containers,chocolate pots de creme recipe with liqueur,Feedback,no bake vanilla pot de creme,no cook chocolate pots,fulfilled pot de creme,eggless pot de crème recipe,recipe chocolate pot,nutella pot de creme,pots de creme too runny,Privacy settings,How Search works,chocolate pot de crème ina garten,chocolate pot de crème no-bake,easy chocolate pots,chocolate pots de crème america’s test kitchen