Chicken zucchini casserole is quick, easy to cook, healthy and ready in 25 minutes. This roasting recipe with an Asian twist is a welcome change from baking, roasting and grilling zucchini. This is a great way to turn a simple zucchini into a Chinese restaurant dish in no time.
You can adapt this recipe with any protein except chicken, or you can keep the meat and serve it with your favorite dish.
Now let’s talk about the details.
Message: In some places zucchini is also called zucchini, and in Chinese it is called 翠玉瓜 or 夏南瓜,
Preparation of courgette dishes
1. Chicken marinating
Thinly slice the chicken breast meat. I prefer to remove the skin because it comes off the meat when I cut it. You can also use chicken thigh meat if you like.
Marinate the meat with the following ingredients: light soy sauce, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, salt, sugar, cornstarch, ground white pepper and a little oil. These are the basic spices that every Chinese family should have in their pantry. I highly recommend having all these things on hand if you cook Chinese regularly.
Spread the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for at least half an hour before roasting.
Shrimp, pork and beef (steak and fried zucchini) are different sources of protein than chicken. You can also omit the protein to make a side dish that can be served with other main dishes. For vegetarians, I recommend adding mushrooms to make mushroom zucchini fries.
2. Fry chicken separately for best results
I prefer to cook the chicken separately, as it takes longer than the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Layer the chicken in a pan and fry until both sides are lightly browned. A non-stick pan is helpful, as the chicken tends to stick to the pan due to the cornstarch in the marinade. Keep the heat on low to medium-high to keep the chicken tender and moist. With a regular pan, you may need a little more oil to keep them from sticking.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Cooking of all vegetables and aromatic products
Ginger, garlic and shallots are the perfect trio for the soul of any Chinese fryer. We also use it with red chili as a seasoning for our General Tso chicken.
Cut the ginger into thin slices to release the aroma quickly. Remove the garlic with a flat knife and coarsely chop. It is not necessary to finely chop the garlic, as it can burn quickly in the pan. The white part of the shallots is tastier than the green part. Cut it into short pieces. Save the green part for a side dish and for garnishing all kinds of dishes.
Zucchini are usually deep green, but can be golden yellow. I use a green and a yellow zucchini, which makes this dish more aesthetically pleasing.
- Cut off both ends of the courgette. You don’t have to remove the skin.
- I cut them lengthwise into quarters to remove some of the seeds. You can pick the seeds, but I like that best.
- Cut the zucchini into diagonal pieces to make the pieces appear larger. Another option is to cut them into quarters.
Wooden ear mushroom 木耳
木 means tree, and 耳 means ear in Chinese. The wood fungus is an edible jelly mushroom often used in Chinese cuisine. It is sold in dried form and has a crunchy texture after rehydration. It has little flavor of its own, and people like it because they enjoy the unique crunchy mouthfeel.
The porcini is not an essential part of this recipe, but it is desirable to have it because it offers a different texture when eaten. It also has a dark gray color that contrasts with the bright, fresh color of the vegetables, which nuances the presentation.
Place the mushroom in water for thirty minutes or until fully moistened. We achieve at least double the original volume. Cut it into thin strips.
Cloud ear mushroom 云耳 is another replacement for wood ear mushroom. It is closely related to the woody ear mushroom and has a similar texture, but is thinner and more slippery in the mouth.
The carrots are secondary, but I highly recommend including them in the recipe. What a colourful combination of carrots, green and yellow white-fleshed courgettes and dark grey woody ears!
Cut off both ends of the carrots and peel them, then use a skewer to cut them into two inch long pieces. Then thinly slice the carrots lengthwise.
4. Blanching courgettes and carrots
Not everyone bleaches zucchini and carrots before you roast them. In fact, you can roast both a little longer and the vegetables will become soft and tender.
But I blanch vegetables for two reasons:
- The zucchinis are crispier and have a brighter color when I blanch them and then shock them with cold water.
- According to some reports, deep-frying zucchini at high temperatures produces carcinogenic chemicals. Although the carcinogen is minimal (less than in potato chips), I still feel more comfortable leaving the meal in the pan for a while. You can read more about it here.
Bring the pot of water to a boil. Blanch the zucchini and carrots in boiling water for about a minute or until the water returns to a boil. Take them out and put them in a large pan of cold water to cool the vegetables immediately. When they have come to room temperature, drain them and set aside.
5. Grill the zucchini over medium heat
Brewing steps change quickly, so everything should be ready as planned at the time of brewing.
- Fry the ginger, garlic and shallots in the oil over low to medium heat until fragrant. High temperatures can cause garlic to burn.
- Add the soaked forest mushrooms and fry for half a minute.
- Place the blanched carrots and zucchini in a skillet and cook over medium heat for one minute.
- The seasoning should be simple, as zucchini has a mild but refreshing flavor. Lightly season the vegetables with the oyster sauce, salt and sugar, but not too strongly, so as not to mask the natural flavor of the zucchini.
- Bring back the roast chicken. Give him a good mix.
- Make a suspension of cornstarch with 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Pour into the pan and keep stirring until the starch is cooked. Cornstarch is used to thicken the sauce. Stop adding as soon as it becomes thick. Otherwise, the fried meat will be too sticky and slimy.
- Eat and serve.
Related Recipes Sauteed zucchini
If you like stir-frying with zucchini, you’ll probably also enjoy the following Chinese stir-fry dishes.
The chicken and broccoli roast cooks quickly in half an hour. This is the perfect dish if you’re short on time or have a sudden craving for Chinese food.
Stir-fry potatoes take your usual vegetables to a whole new level. Try this vegetable stir-fry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and snow peas.
Bok choy stir-fry may be fairly simple, but it is deceptive to mimic the legendary taste of a restaurant stir-fry. This recipe will show you all the details of the preparation.
- 700 g yard yard (one green and one yellow)
- 5 Scheiben Ingwer, in thin sheets
- Fünf Knoblauchzehen, grob gehackt
- 1 tablespoon of hackberry seedling, white part
- 70 g carrots, thinly sliced
- Mushroom 10g wood 木耳, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 teaspoon water to form a paste)
For the chicken:
- Thinly slice the chicken breast meat.
- Marinate with remaining ingredients from A for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the breast on low heat until lightly browned on both sides. Let it out.
For vegetables :
- Cut off both ends of the courgette. Sort them lengthwise, remove some of the seeds and cut them into one-inch slices.
- Soak the forest mushroom for 30 minutes or until completely moist, then cut into thin strips.
- Blanch zucchini and carrots in boiling water for one minute and drain.
- Fry the ginger, garlic and shallots in the oil until fragrant. Add the soaked asparagus, then the blanched carrots and zucchini and saute over medium heat for one minute.
- Season with oyster sauce, salt and sugar.
- Return the roast chicken.
- Thicken sauce with cornmeal, cook and serve.
As an Amazon employee and member of other affiliate programs, I make money on eligible purchases.
The amount of the deposit :
Calories : 368Total fat: 7gSaturated fat: 2gOverfat: 0gSaturated fat: 4gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 1240mgCarbons: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 47g
This data was provided by Nutritionix and calculated as of April 14, 2021.
zucchini stir fry chinesezucchini and chicken recipeszucchini stir fry noodleschicken zucchini teriyaki stir frystir fry zucchini and bell pepperszucchini mushroom stir fry,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,zucchini stir fry chinese,zucchini and chicken recipes,zucchini stir fry noodles,chicken zucchini teriyaki stir fry,stir fry zucchini and bell peppers,zucchini mushroom stir fry,baked chicken and zucchini recipes easy,chicken zucchini, red bell pepper recipe