The secrets of making the best apple pies
– If you make your own apple pie filling, make sure it has cooled completely before adding it to the crust.
– Store the cakes by hand in an airtight container. They will keep for 3 days at room temperature, but you can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
– Handmade pies are perfect for all your favorite traditional pie fillings. Pumpkin, berries and pecans are just a few ideas to try.
– If you don’t have much weight on your half-moon pie pan, you can make mini pies with two pieces of pie crust. Place the filling in the center of the bottom round, cover with the second round, and press the edges together to seal.
How to make an apple pie crust by hand
To make your pie crust by hand, you will need:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cold sticks, cut into cubes
- ¼ to ½ cup ice water
Place the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor and beat until blended. Gradually add the butter and pulse until it has a flour consistency.
Add ¼ cup of water. Spray the mixture until the crust crumbles. Add water as needed. The crust should hold.
Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
How to make an apple pie dressing
For convenience, you can buy store-bought apple pie filling, but it is very easy to make at home. Here’s how to make apple pie filling:
- 10 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced and sprayed.
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons oil, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add water and apples and stir to combine. Let cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then add butter.
In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and nutmeg. Once the butter is melted, pour the sugar over the apples. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until the sauce has thickened.
Turn off the heat and let the apple mixture cool completely.
How do you make an apple pie by hand?
Spread out the dough. Cut out 4 rounds with a 5-inch cookie cutter.
1 to 2 tablespoons apple pie filling per turn.
Fold the crust into the shape of a crescent. Use a fork to press the edges closed.
Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil. Fry the patties by hand until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Place them on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
For the glaze, whisk the sugar and milk in a medium bowl. It should be smooth and without lumps. Sprinkle over the apple tarts while they cool on a wire rack. Serve hot.
If you have trouble sealing the edges of the crust, dip your finger in water and run it along the edge of the crust. Then press the seal and squeeze it with a fork.
desserts list,easy desserts to impress,easy dessert recipes with condensed milk,easy dessert recipes for kids,chocolate dessert recipes,make ahead chocolate pudding,super quick desserts,3-ingredient desserts tasty,easy chocolate desserts with few ingredients,quick desserts for one,5 minute desserts,recipes made with snickers bars,easy throw together desserts,pillsbury dessert recipes,quick easy lemon bar recipe,pie crust cream cheese roll-ups,things to bake with barely any ingredients,cookie rookie instagram,rookie cookie recipes mini page,easy pie tart recipes,3 ingredient dessert,easy no-bake desserts,easy no bake caramel desserts,simple classic desserts,3 ingredient desserts no-bake,cinnamon bars,2 ingredient desserts,easy summer desserts with few ingredients,great desserts,easy desserts for kids,easy desserts for a crowd,warm desserts,easy healthy desserts,Privacy settings,How Search works,Ice cream,Chocolate truffle,Peanut butter cookie,Fudge,Chocolate mousse,Peanut butter,See more,easy dessert recipes with few ingredients,quick dessert recipes,types of desserts,easy desserts to make from scratch,easy sweet recipes