I love making cakes. They are so easy to bake and decorate and once you get the hang of baking you make so many different types of cakes. I have always loved Strawberry and Custard so I thought I would make this cake. It has a lovely melt in the mouth texture and looks very appealing on a plate. Even though I only used half the amount of custard I had left over I still thought the cake tasted great.
I have always been a fan of strawberry and custard, so I combined them for a delicious crumble cake. The cake is a simple recipe, so it’s nice to have a recipe to follow, as well as the variations available. The ingredients are basic, so I tend to keep them in stock to ensure I have enough to make a couple of cakes at a time.
This is a short recipe for a classic British dessert, the strawberry and custard crumble cake. It is a delicious cake, rich in butter and eggs and the taste is just divine. This recipe is perfect for any summer day.. Read more about strawberry crumble cake recipe and let us know what you think.Strawberry cream pie is a rich and beautiful dessert, a fresh and tasty alternative to the classic strawberry pie. It looks like a box of shortbread cookies that has a sweet and tasty filling of custard and fresh strawberries. The crumbled shortbread cookies, which swelled a bit during baking, give the cake a crunch that contrasts nicely with the melting center. Perfect for any occasion, from a dinner with friends to a birthday party, this cake is simple and very easy. It can also be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge until ready to cook. So let’s see how to prepare it by following our step-by-step recipe.
How to make strawberry pie with custard
Prepare the crust dough. In a large bowl, add the 00 flour, granulated sugar, egg, cold lumps of butter from the fridge, baking powder, vanilla and fine salt (1).
Start kneading quickly with your fingertips (2) to smooth out the ingredients and get a coarse, crumbly mixture.
Work for a few more minutes until you have a very soft, crispy dough (3).
Grease a springform pan and sprinkle with flour, sprinkle half the breadcrumbs on top and press lightly to form a base (4) with a 2-3 cm high rim.
Pour over the pudding and spread well with a spoon (5).
Wash the strawberries, pat them dry, cut them into cubes and divide them over the pudding (6).
Sprinkle the top with the remaining crumbs, which should completely cover the strawberries and bottom (7).
Put the cake in the oven at 180 degrees C and let it bake for about an hour. At the end of the baking time, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Unmold, place on a serving platter and serve (8).
– We recommend the use of a 20 cm diameter mold, preferably with a slot and a removable bottom,to facilitate the removal of the pastry from the mold and prevent it from breaking. If you want, you can cover them with a sheet of baking paper instead of using butter and flour.
– Make sure you use cold ingredients, especially butter. Work the dough firmly with your fingertips, so that when it is heated it does not become a compact rather than crumbly mass.
– Fill the bottom with very cold custard and let the cake rest for a few hours in the refrigerator before cutting, if possible even better the next day. The end result will be even more compact.
– You can make this dessert the way you like it, with a few variations. You can fill your donut cake with soft lemon cream, mascarpone cheese cream or whipped cream. On the other hand, if you want to make it easy, you can make a topping with ricotta cheese or plain Greek yogurt.
– Other red fruits such as raspberries, cherries and currants can be added to the strawberries; or you can substitute them for your favorite seasonal fruits.
Strawberry pie and pudding storage
Strawberry Custard Pie can be stored in a special sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or can be frozen raw or cooked.Most people are aware that custard is one of the secret ingredients in a good sponge cake. Less people are aware that the key is to ensure the custard is made with plenty of eggs. Yolk can be tricky. Too much and your cake will be heavy, too soft and be unpleasantly rich. Too little and it will be too thin and dry. In fact, it is the right amount of egg yolk that makes a good cake. It is the wrong amount that makes it dry, dull and ruinous.. Read more about easy strawberry crumble cake and let us know what you think.
strawberry crumble cake recipestrawberry crumble cheesecakestrawberry crumble cake recipe ukstrawberry crumble recipeeasy strawberry crumble cakestrawberry crumble cake egglessPeople also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,strawberry crumble cake recipe,strawberry crumble cheesecake,strawberry crumble cake recipe uk,strawberry crumble recipe,easy strawberry crumble cake,strawberry crumble cake eggless,apple and strawberry crumble cake,strawberry crumble pie