Soft pork ribs braised and fried in a sweet and savoury marinated soy sauce. It’s the perfect dish for a party indoors or outdoors!
This dish is great and is made in a jiffy, because you don’t have to look while it’s cooking to be sweet. It makes the meat even more tender and the bone breaks in no time. But if you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can certainly cook it in a normal pot by putting the pork – on medium heat – on the fire for about 40 to 50 minutes until cooked.
I’m a big fan of the sharp version I made of Baek Jung Won. The pork is so tender, and the spicy cheese variety has made it a very popular dish at home parties. Because the spicy version was so tasty, I wanted to link it to an indirect rib to offer it. For a great party, make the two side by side and you get the perfect combination of spices and sweet and sour. Have fun!
Sweet and salted pork ribs (Duaezi Galbi)
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 50 minutes
Yeah, of course: Main course
Kitchen: Korean language
Servings: 2 servings
Jennifer | Chopsticks for Food and Flour
- 2 pounds 4 ounces (1 kg) spare ribs for pork, spare ribs for babies
- 1/4 cup Pacific Korean Culinary Wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 to 6 spicy dried red peppers of your choice*
- 1 glass (240 ml) of water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 1.5 tablespoons Korean maesil chung plum extract (can be replaced by about 2 hours of honey)
- 3 tablespoons rice syrup (ssal yeot), corn syrup (mul yeot), jo chang, honey
- 3 tablespoons Korean Pacific Culinary Wine
- 3 Garlic, stuffed with tablespoon
Pork preparation for instant tanker
- Cook the pork. If you have purchased a frame, remove the diaphragm from the lower ribs by pulling it all the way down. Split your ribs by cutting the meat between the bones. (I’d rather buy pork ribs that are already separated to make it easier).
- Steam the pork on the cloth to eliminate any meat smell (this is often done with Korean meat dishes). Bring a large pot of water, enough to load the pig. After cooking add pork chops, 1/4 cup myrima, 1 teaspoon whole black pepper. Continue cooking for about 8 minutes with the lid closed.
- Empty the ribs and rinse them under cold running water.
Instant Pot! (or standard tank)
- Put some clean ribs in a pressure cooker. Put all the ingredients for the sauce in the instant pot. Mix the sauce in a saucepan and pour a spoonful of pork over it. Add garlic cloves, dried red peppers and green onions.
- Close the lid and prepare the pressure cooker! I thought 19 minutes was perfect (random minute). You can chew for about 16 minutes if you want him to chew, or up to 24 minutes if he falls on bones. Eventually a natural release for about 5 minutes or completely.
- Open the lid and turn on the instant pot. She keeps boiling the pot and keeping it boiling. Calm down and reduce the sauce, it seems very thick for about 7-8 minutes. * If you are not using the instant-pot, use a large pot and fry over medium heat for about 50 minutes until soft. As the water decreases more in a normal pot, pour more water as the cooked pork becomes softer. Carefully remove the lid and reduce the sauce to a thick consistency.
Chickens and feed
- * Optional for baking. In the meantime, heat the oven for the roast.
- Put the pork in the icing or in the oven as a side dish. Peel or pour the sauce over the pork. Fry a pork dish for about 4-6 minutes on one side. Turn the pork over and fry for about 3 minutes. Leave the pork on the meat, because the power of your oven varies.
- Pork chops ready to serve! Sprinkle the shallots with onions. Enjoy a bowl of hot rice. Have fun!
roy choi gochujang marinade,roy choi kalbi stew,roy choi cookbook recipes,roy choi marinade,kalbi food and wine,salt and pepper kalbi,korean pork ribs slow cooker,korean pork ribs gochujang,korean pork ribs pressure cooker,korean bbq sauce recipe for ribs,korean pork ribs recipe,sweet and spicy pork rib marinade,braised korean short ribs,slow cooker ribs tasty,3 ingredient rib marinade,tasty korean bbq pork,tasty bbq rib,korean bbq sauce recipe,spicy korean sauce recipe,korean bbq sauce bulgogi,korean bbq sauce walmart,brisket dipping sauce,korean bbq sauce brands,korean bbq pork,korean pork rosengarten,korean braised short ribs nyt,new york times korean short ribs,kogi korean bbq marinade,grilled korean bbq pork