Shrimp is one of our most popular seafood and this sweet and sour shrimp is certainly at the top of the shrimp recipe. Sweet and sour shrimps are very easy to cook, the ingredients are very easy to obtain, quick to prepare and the crowning glory is simply delicious.
The recipe contains a barbecue sauce, you can use the sauce or just buy and use the brand you want in the store. Some people like to add brown sugar or honey. I didn’t use it because the pineapple I got was sweet enough and I didn’t need sugar or honey anymore. If you would like to add a teaspoon of honey or brown sugar, you are welcome.
There are so many shrimp recipes on the blog, feel free to find them if you want to try them. With some of them I will also make contact with the soil.
You might want to try it;
Shrimp Yam Carrot
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Light Cajun shrimps
shrimps and prawns
(peeled and gutted)
(peeled and diced)
(peeled and cut)
- ¼-1/2TasseBBQ sauce (at home or at your favourite brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cleaned, treated, washed and dried.
- Chop the sweet pepper and onion and chop them into pieces.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and melt the oil. Season the shrimps to taste with salt and pepper. Lay the shrimps in a layer in the pan and cook them on both sides for about 2 minutes. Take it off the plate and set it aside.
- If necessary, add a tablespoon of butter, let the pan cool down, add pepper and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the pineapple and let it soften for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the prawns and spring onions and mix.
- Add the barbecue sauce, stir, bring to the boil and make sure everything is in order.
- Add chili flakes if you use them, let them boil for another minute and take them off the fire.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the free Aliyahsrecipesandtips mailing list and receive notifications of new messages directly to your inbox.
If you try one of my recipes, you are welcome to evaluate it and leave your thoughts behind. I’ll also be happy to see what you find, report me on social networks at @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes.
Follow me on social media:
Cooking recipes with Alia
thai sweet and sour prawns recipe,sweet and sour shrimp youtube,sweet and sour pork,sweet and sour sauce recipe,shrimp stir fry,shrimp with broccoli,chinese shrimp recipes,shrimp fried rice