Published : 8. October 2020 – Modified : 19. October 2020. Laura – Partner links can be made to this position.
This delicious southern pecan pie recipe is sweetened with maple syrup instead of corn. My grandmother always did, with one exception: She always used Mrs. Butterworth’s syrup. I’ve decided to use real maple syrup! It tastes full and contains no corn syrup.
Pecan pie is my father’s favorite! He’s got a great sweetness. No wonder he’s in love with this buttercake recipe.
My mother grew up in a family of nine children who had many mouths to feed. Although our little family was only four years old, my mother still cooked like she was feeding the army.
Our house could never have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Normally, my mother would make two. Of course, we’ll always have something to share with our neighbors.
My mother made a habit of inviting friends and homeless neighbors to parties. She loved to share her cooking and her family spirit with everyone who needed it. I remember that propaganda gesture. It speaks volumes about her heart for what she has given! It taught me how effective food separation can be.
Now every year I make these cakes for my family. One of the things I like most about the kitchen is sharing old family memories with my husband and daughter and creating new family memories for the next generation.
What you like about this recipe
- A perfectly soft and oily crust for pies.
- Thick filling for nut and caramel pies.
- ULTIMATE comma carburetor.
All the ingredients for the pecan pie are probably already in the pantry. I designed this recipe to make this pecan pie without corn syrup, but you can keep it with the dark corn syrup or imitation maple syrup that my grandmother used to use.
The numberis required.
- A pie crust: You can use a pre-frozen crust, but why? Making a homemade cake, oily and flaky, is so easy. To make this cake gluten-free, use a gluten-free flour mixture such as Bob’s Red Mill or King Arther Brand.
- Butter: I like to use brown oil in this cake because it adds an extra layer of nuts. You don’t have to fry the oil.
- Pecan halves: You need 2 cups of walnut halves coarsely chopped. I like to pour the cake with whole nuts, but it’s also completely useless.
- The maple syrup: I adapted this maple pie to the original Grammy recipe. I’m using real maple syrup instead of the maple syrup that’s used as Mrs. Butterworth’s (is it still on the market?) was used. However, adding a tablespoon of flour to your topping will compensate for the fineness of the maple syrup and make your topping really thick.
- Bullets: For this recipe you need two eggs; make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
- Vanilla: A little vanilla.
- Salt: A pinch of salt improves the taste of pecans.
Step 1: Prepare the dough for the cake.
I’m making my nerd cake batter. (If you are using a finished cake batter, spread it out, put it in a cake tin and put it in the fridge). Whether you buy crusts or make your own, we make crusts for this recipe.
Step 2: Cut the nuts.
Coarse grinding of 2 cups of nuts. I buy at least half a cup of extra nuts so I can use them on the cake. I think it’ll give the cake a complete look. There’s absolutely no need for that.
Step 3: Make a filling for the walnut cake.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. There’s only one extra step if you use maple syrup. Baking a walnut cake without corn syrup can result in a raw cake. To thicken the filling, add a tablespoon of flour to the cake filling. Put it aside until you’re ready to use the pen.
Step 4: How do you prepare the crust of a cake?
Make sure your crust is cold before baking for at least 25 minutes. Preheat the oven at 450℉. Align the parchment paper cake crust and carefully stick it into the corners. Add a ceramic cake or dried beans to weigh the surface.
Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. You want the edges to be a little brown. Remove the cake and let it cool for a few minutes. Reduce the oven temperature on 350℉.
Step 5: Pour the filling into the cake crust.
Add the pecan filling to the pre-fried crust. If you want to be particularly imaginative, you can cover the cake in a circle with perfect pecan halves. My grandmother never did, but I like the way she looks.
Step 6: Furnace!
It’s time to make the BEST walnut cake! Cook this beauty for about 40 to 50 minutes. You know it’s ready when the center blows up.
Frequently asked questions and expert advice
Can you freeze the nut cake?
Yeah, nut cake is excellent ahead of time. Wrap the nut cake tightly in cling film, place it in the freezer and freeze it for three months.
Is nut cake really bad for you?
Like any cake, it’s clearly a dessert. But eggs and nuts are full of healthy fats! In addition, natural maple syrup contains many minerals and antioxidants, making it one of the most nutritious sweeteners.
How do you make walnut pie thicker?
Pecan nuts usually thicken by themselves when fried. The eggs, butter, corn syrup and half of the dough form a thick pudding when cooked. If you use maple syrup instead of corn, you can add flour to the pudding to make it thicker.
How does the nut cake taste?
Pecan pie is super rich and super sweet. It tastes like a rich brown caramel sauce, full of nuts, wrapped in a cake with a buttered and peeled crust.
How do you make a nut cake from scratch?
Pecan pie is very easy to make from scratch. All you need is a pile of nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs and butter. Follow my simple pecan pie recipe and you’ll get step-by-step instructions on how to make the best pecan pie recipe out there!
Alternatives to maple syrup.
Of course you can also use traditional corn syrup or even gold syrup in this recipe. A pie with a rather classic southern flavour from the pecan pie recipe, which is quite normal for me.
- Bourbon pecan pie: I like good bourbon, and there’s nothing like a nut cake with bourbon. To make bourbon, simply add two tablespoons of bourbon to the vanilla filled cake. Serve with a big ice pop.
- Mini pecan pie: I have made this recipe many times in the form of nut pies. You can find details in my pecan pie recipe. I also made this recipe in mini baskets for mini peanuts. What could be nicer?
Other cake recipes you’ll like.
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you like it, please leave a message at 5 ★ ! I love hearing you! Follow me @ Foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Interest.
This delicious pecan pie is sweetened with maple syrup instead of corn. My grandmother always did, with one exception: She always used Mrs. Butterworth’s syrup. I’ve decided to use real maple syrup! It tastes full and contains no corn syrup.
Cooking time 30 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Total duration 1 hour 10 minutes
The American kitchen
1153 Calories kcal
- Preheat the oven at 450℉.
- You don’t have to do this: Fry the butter in a small saucepan.
- Beat the sugar and salt together.
- Add the melted butter to the sugar mixture.
- Add maple syrup, half and half, vanilla and flour. Hit him until he’s in line.
- Add the eggs one by one. Connect the whip.
- Bake a cake in a crust for 10 to 15 minutes on 450℉. I recommend cooling the cake batter at least half an hour before pre-baking. Carefully align the dough of the baked pies with parchment paper. Make sure that the paper is placed in the lower corners of the cake batter. Fill everything with pie weights.
- The oven takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and cake weights from the oven and carefully remove them.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Pour the pudding and pecan into the cake batter.
- Fry until the pudding is ready, 40 to 50 minutes. You know it’s ready when it blows up in the middle.
- PRO TIP : The edges of the crust can be covered with aluminium foil or cake protection caps if you notice that it is too dark.
- Bourbon pecan pie: I like good bourbon, and there’s nothing like a nut cake with bourbon. To make this bourbon pecan pie, simply add two tablespoons of bourbon to the vanilla pie.
- Mini pecan pie: I have made this recipe many times in the form of nut pies. You can find details in my pecan pie recipe. I also made this recipe into mini cupcakes. They’re done with the nutty cupcakes. What could be nicer?
- The maple syrup: Corn syrup or golden syrup can be used instead of maple syrup. Reduce the amount of extra flour if you use one.
- No gluten: Use a gluten-free flour mixture such as Bob’s Red Mill or the brand King Arther.
Preservation of Pecans
- The fridge: Turn the foil over tightly and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Stop right there: You can freeze the whole nut cake or individual pieces. Wrap them in plastic foil and keep them for up to three months.
- To freeze individual pieces: Cool the cake overnight so it can be cut easily. Cut and wrap with polyethylene foil and then with aluminium foil. Freeze for three months.
Calories: 1153 kcalU-hydrocarbons: 122gProtein: 15gVet: 68gSaturated fat: 20gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 993mgFiber: 6gSugar: 30gCalcium: 106mgVet: 6mg
Keyword pecan, pecan, pie recipes
(105 visits, 1 visit today)
caramel pecan pumpkin cake,tatyanas everyday food chocolate cake,turtle cake,pecan pie (no corn syrup),best pecan pie recipe,toffee caramel frosting,my baking addiction cakes,pecan pie recipe,best pecan pie recipe in the world,my pecan pie didn t set,pecan pie recipe without eggs,brown sugar pie recipes,classic pecan pie recipe with brown sugar,classic pecan pie recipe without corn syrup,pecan pie problems,can you rebake a runny pecan pie,pioneer woman pecan pie bars,sylvia's perfect pie crust,how to serve pecan pie,pioneer woman pecan pie without corn syrup,pecan pie without corn syrup,pecan pie filling,no bake pecan pie,pecan pie pioneer woman,grandma's pecan pie,diamond pecan pie crust recipes,perfect pecan pie,different pecan pie recipes,tasty pecan pie,which corn syrup is best for pecan pie,how to make pecan pie,old fashioned pecan pie,easy pecan pie recipe