Published : 8. October 2020 – Modified : 12. October 2020. Laura – Partner links can be made to this position.
Learn how to make your own mix of pumpkin pie and spices. All it takes are four ingredients to make this super simple recipe! You can then use it in all your favorite autumn pumpkin recipes, like pumpkin pie or your next do-it-yourself pumpkin latte.
It’s a recipe for my grandma Sisson’s pumpkin pie. His cake has always tasted amazingly pumpkin-like. I wondered why this great taste of pumpkin herbs is preserved in one cake.
Now I make a batch of his pumpkin herb mix and use it in all my favorite pumpkin recipes. I usually make a large quantity for my birthday cake and leave a few until the end of the year.
What you like about this recipe
- I like to make pumpkin herbs because it’s much cheaper than buying them in those little jars.
- You always have plenty of pumpkin herbs at hand. You can spread the season over the whole year if you like. You no longer have to search for the perfect pumpkin replacement!
- There are so many things that are just better with a little pumpkin weed!
The most important thing when creating your own spice mixtures is to obtain the highest possible quality spices. I’d like to order mine in bulk. I have 3 favorite spice sources, they’re all great!
I’m obsessed with creating my own spice mixtures, so I order a lot of spices in these places. Click below for links to the retailers’ websites:
The numberis required.
What’s pumpkinweed made of? The secret of pumpkin flavour is very simple. There are many different versions on the internet, but I’m in love with this one. It contains this classic combination of ginger and cinnamon nutmeg, which has a calming effect on very cold days.
- Crush the cinnamon: I like cinnamon with cassia. It has an incredibly sweet and fragrant taste, which is not only delicious in this spice blend but also in hot cocoa. Try adding half a teaspoon to your morning coffee if you’re feeling festive.
- Ginger powder: Ginger adds that spicy button to all your favorite autumn recipes. It’s also great in an apple herb.
- Clove powder: Cloves are hot and smelly. A whole clove is used in recipes such as mulled wine and cider. Clove powder is used in a wide range of bakery products.
- Nutmeg powder : The freshly cut nutmeg is divine. But the second most important is the high quality of the nutmeg powder. Nutmeg is another warming spice normally found in autumn drinks and cakes.
- Powder with herbs (optional) : I leave the spices out of this recipe, but nutmeg and spices are a common herbal combination that will work great as a substitute for pumpkin pie if you have that on hand. I’ll leave it to you to include it in your mix.
There is little you need to have at hand if you want to mix herbs regularly.
All you really need is an airtight container, a few measuring spoons and a small bowl. Mix the herbs and store in an airtight container until you can use your homemade pumpkin weed. So you’re ready when the weather starts calling the pumpkin!
Frequently asked questions and expert advice
Want more ideas about adding flavour to dishes, but it has to be super light? If you want this herbal recipe and some of my other herbs, take a look at my contribution to the herbal recipe. You can also download my recipes for the best seasonal mixes.
Mixing cabinet with magnetic goblet glasses
Other herbal recipes you like.
What you can do withPumpkin pie Herbs
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you like it, please leave a message at 5 ★ ! I love hearing you! Follow me @ Foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Interest.
Pumpkin pie Herbal mix (DIY)
Learn how to make your homemade pumpkin pie mix with herbs. All it takes are four ingredients to make this super simple recipe! You can then use the autumn pumpkin for all your favourite recipes, such as pumpkin pie or your next pumpkin latte. This recipe makes about 1 cup of pumpkin pie with herbs. I usually make a big party for the holiday bakery and leave it for the rest of the year. Feel free to cut the recipe in half.
Mixture of herbs
The American kitchen
Drinks of 50 teaspoons
Calories 7 kcal
Calories: 7 kcal Carbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated fat: 1gSodium: 1mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
The key word is pumpkin pie with herbs, a mixture of herbs.
(78 visits, 1 visit today)
pumpkin pie spice recipe martha stewart,mccormick pumpkin pie spice,pumpkin pie spice recipe with cardamom,pumpkin pie spice vs apple pie spice,pumpkin pie spice walmart,cookie and kate pumpkin pie spice,how to use pumpkin pie spice,pumpkin pie spice without cinnamon,pumpkin spice pie,pumpkin pie spice vs allspice,pumpkin pie spice canada,diy pumpkin spice latte,pumpkin spice dessert recipes,what is pumpkin pie spice made of,spend with pennies pumpkin pie spice,pumpkin spice recipe for coffee,mccormick pie spice,the kitchn pumpkin spice latte,psl syrup recipe,pumpkin espresso,pumpkin spice latte recipe healthy,does pumpkin spice latte have pumpkin,pumpkin pie spice substitute,what is pumpkin pie made of,recipes with pumpkin pie spice,ingredients in pumpkin pie,gimme some oven pumpkin bars,8×8 pan pumpkin bars,pumpkin spice recipes,how to make pumpkin pie spice without cloves,pumpkin pie recipe