Akara toasters are very easy to make toast, the process is similar to ordinary French toast, except for the ingredients. To make acarabread toast, you need to make acara-paste, and if you have bean powder, it can be replaced by paste.
The use of bean powder can be difficult. Make sure that the dough is not too thin or too thick when kneading. I also recommend that you use thick slices of bread so that your toast is safe and healthy when you have finished cooking. Thin slices of bread can come off if the bread is held too long. If you need a recipe for making Akara dough, click on one of the links below.
You might want to try it;
Nigerian Acara: Three possibilities (bean pie or bean pancakes)
Moya with non-refundable beans.
How do you make a dad out of cornmeal/ cornmeal?
Moya roll (boiled bean pudding roll)
- Slices of bread
mixed acara paste
Green onions (shredded)
dried onions (optional)
- Olive oil (or your favourite olive oil).
- Seasonal powder (optional)
- Salt tastes like
- Bake the bread, chop the spring onion and rhodo (if used) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the acara paste, egg, green onion, pepper, dried onion, spices (if used) and salt to taste.
- To dilute the mixture, carefully add water. Make sure the dough is not too thin.
- Soak a piece of bread on both sides for a minute. I used thick slices of bread so the bread wouldn’t fall apart. If you use thin slices of bread, you have to hurry. If you like, you can hollow out the green onions above the bread.
- Heat some oil in a pan or saucepan on medium or high heat. Pour in the soaked bread and bake until the colour changes or the bread is completely cooked.
- Turn the bread over and bake it on the other side.
- Once it is done, go to the plate and continue baking the rest of the bread.
- You can enjoy Akara’s toast as it is.
- If you like, you can add a paprika sauce. Have fun!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the free Aliyahsrecipesandtips mailing list and receive notifications of new messages directly to your inbox.
If you try one of my recipes, you are welcome to evaluate it and leave your thoughts behind. I’d also like to see what you’ve found, report to @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes on social networks.
Follow me on social media:
Cooking recipes with Alia
akara with unpeeled beans,akamu and akara,beans ball,deep fried bean cake,ogi and akara,akara calories,beans and toast,brown sugar toast,savory french toast,texas toast french toast